Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Outpost

Outpost (Razorland, #2)Goodreads Synopsis:    Deuce’s whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she’s a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn’t fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven’t changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They’re watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don’t intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.


My Thoughts:

-    Love triangle in a zombie/mutant book?  Puhlease!

-    Fade became this needy, moody, possessive boyfriend.  Almost like a certain vampire I wish hadn't been invented.  Fade should have stayed the strong mysterious guy.  Stalker was more a man than he was in this book.

-    All our characters have to move on from their past, and it isn't easy.  I loved how the author addressed each character's horrible past and how they were coping.  

-    Deuce is starting to understand what it is to be a girl.  She calls it weak.  I call it being a girl.

-    There are some slow points in the book, but there were also some major intense scenes as well.  Some of the intense stuff is gruesome.  

-    I loved that Deuce got to experience a normal family life with the Oakses.  They are so kind, and I just love them!  I also loved Longshot.  He was such a great mentor character.

-    I didn't like this as much as the first one.  I wanted a little more action.  There was action, but I wanted more! 

-    The ending killed me!  It isn't the worst cliffhanger, but I'm dying to find out what happens!!!  

-    I wish I could fight and be as fit as Deuce.  I also love her name.


Series Info:

Outpost is the 2nd book in the Razorland series.  Click on the picture to read my review on the first book:

Enclave (Razorland, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment