Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance--and the one person she loves more than anything. But there's just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's queen.
Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton.
- Wow! What a journey! I loved this book, and I can't wait to devour Everbound!!
- I love that this was a take on Hades and Persephone! It was really unique and fresh!
- I liked how mysterious everything is at the beginning. I just couldn't read fast enough, so I could get all the details and pieces.
- I felt a lot of emotions throughout the book, but I think anxiety was my constant companion, and it just got worse the farther I got into the story. I also felt sad, anticipated, eager, frustrated, hopeful, and gushy.
- I love how the story is mostly taking place in the present, but there are parts that jump back to Nikki's past. It was really cool how the author incorporated it all.
- I love that Jack called Nikki "Becks". It was heart warming. I loved Jack and Nikki's relationship period! It was so awesome.
- I feel like I connected with Nikki on several levels. They way she reacted to stuff is a lot how I react to things. It made the book more real for me.
- I don't know what to think of Cole. I want to hate him so much, but I can't, but I do, but I don't! It's complicated.
- I really liked Will's character. He was kind of a bum, but he was valuable. I hope we get to see more of him in the future books.
- The ending is killing me! I feel like screaming! I want to just dive right into the next book, but I think I need to separate myself from this series for a little bit. I can't handle the emotional intensity.