Friday, March 1, 2013

Unlocking the Spell

Unlocking the Spell (Wide-Awake Princess, #2)Goodreads Synopsis:    Now that Annie has helped her sister Gwendolyn (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty) wake up from the 100-year curse by finding her beloved prince, you would think that things would get back to normal. Think again! That beloved prince, Beldegard, is stuck in the body of a bear and the only way that Annie can be free of the two irritating lovebirds is to help-by finding the evil dwarf who cast the spell. Luckily, Annie has assistance from handsome prince Liam, and she has many tricks up her non-magical sleeve . . .








My Thoughts:

-    This was a really fun and charming sequel!

-    I love the cover! The illustration is so cartoony, and I love it! 

-    I love the map at the front. Just looking at the places made me smile. I knew it was going to be a good book just from the map.

-    I really enjoy Annie's character. She is so spunky and knows what she wants.

-    I like Liam a lot too. He is so chivalrous. 

-    Like the first book, many different fairy tales make an appearance. There was Puss in Boots, Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Bears, Cinderella, The Three Little Pigs, Snow White, and more! These different characters and stories really make the book! I am so impressed that there weren't repeat fairy tales from the 1st book.

-    Annie is so paranoid about if Liam likes her! It got kind of annoying! Of course he loves you!

-    I thought Gwendolyn was going to be annoying, but she wasn't too bad.

-    I love how everything is resolved and everyone ends up happy!



Series Info:

This is the sequel to The Wide Awake Princess. Click on the cover below to see my thoughts on the previous book.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I love these covers! They're so cute and just so fun. I have to read these just for that! (I'm a shallow book reader, what can I say?) But, I really like your review too and it makes me want to read them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books look so cute. The Wide Awake Princess has been on my TBR shelf for ages!

    ReplyDelete