Sunday, March 10, 2013

The X-Men: Volume 1

Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men - Volume 1Goodreads Bit:    Feast your eyes on the foundation of one of comic's most-famous franchises. It's all here from the very beginning with the debut of Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Marvel Girl, Professor X's teen team with a mission of peace and brotherhood for man and mutant, in their first battle with the Master of Magnetism, Magneto. Written by Stan "The Man" Lee and illustrated by Jack "King" Kirby, it's super-hero adventure at its very best! Collecting: The X-Men #1-10








My Thoughts:

-    I'm so thrilled that Marvel has released these comics at an affordable price! Getting old school comics is SUPER expensive, but now everyone can have them in these Marvel Masterworks!

-    I was geekin' out through the whole book!

-    I love the letter at the beginning from Stan Lee. I'm glad you decided to go with the name X-Men too!

-    I can't believe the first issues of The X-Men were 12 cents!!!! I wish they were that cheap now! I'd buy a truck load!

-    The art and dialogue remind me of the old 60's Batman with Adam West.

-    I feel like Stan Lee was still figuring out The X-Men while writing the first issues. Their powers are being defined, and Iceman slowly develops his design. At first, Iceman is just a big man shape snowball, and then he develops a face, and later he starts getting more definition.

-    The X-Men and Avengers issue was EPIC!!! SO AWESOME!!

-    Jean and Scott's thoughts about how they are in love are getting annoying! JUST HOOK UP ALREADY!

-    I tried to make this last as long as possible, but alas, I finished, and now I'll probably have to wait forever before buying the next volume :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment