Raina can't wait to be a big sister. But once Amara is born, things aren't quite how she expected them to be. Amara is cute, but she's also a cranky, grouchy baby, and mostly prefers to play by herself. Their relationship doesn't improve much over the years. But when a baby brother enters the picture, and later, when something doesn't seem right between their parents, they realize they must figure out how to get along. They are sisters, after all.
- I love the cute and colorful illustrations, especially the facial expressions. They crack me up!
- Raina begging for a little sister is my daughter right now. I feel for those parents.
- I liked all the flashbacks, and I liked how the pages were a little yellowed so it had this older feeling.
- Raina and Amara's relationship reminds me a lot of me and my little sister. I can relate to a lot in this book.
- I love the walkman! I used to listen to my CD player all the time to pass time and drown out other noise as well.
- I love how realistic yet hilarious this story is. I think a lot of sisters will enjoy this graphic novel.
Previous Smile Book:
(cover is linked)