I don't usually write about my personal life, but I feel like I needed to write about what is going on with the crazy house hunt.
A lot of you know we sold are house, and we've been living with some friends since April. Well, we found a house. It seemed PERFECT! We were under contract to buy it, but then we had our inspection. We decided to back out. What was wrong with it you ask? Well!
- Furnace didn't work
- Water Heater needed some help
- No cooling system whatsoever. No AC, no swamp cooler, etc.
- There was about $1000 worth of plumbing we'd need fixed before moving in.
- Electricity didn't work in 2 rooms of the house and the inspector didn't know why.
- There were some areas where water was leaking in the house.
This is the real kicker. . .
- There was a sex offender 3 doors down IN THE CUL DE SAC!!! He had 3 offenses in the last year. 2 of them were with children! The other one basically said he raped someone. I don't want to worry about a pervert taking pictures of my daughter while she rides her bike around the cul de sac.
Sooooooooooooooooo. . . we are back out there looking :( It is so frustrating and discouraging.
At least we have a nice place to live with good friends. Our living arrangements are pretty nice, so no complaints there.
I just want my own home! *sigh*