Tuesday, February 16, 2016

BBAW: Blogger Interview

Day OneIntroduce yourself (1)

On a whim, I decided to sign up for Book Blogger Appreciation Week. 
It is being hosted by The Estella Society.

I missed the prompt for the first day, so I'm not off to a good start, but I have been having a great time getting to know Tif!
She came up with this great idea to do an interview on the run. We asked each other a couple of questions, wrote answers, and asked more questions. It was really fun to exchange emails this way, and it made the interview more of a conversation.

Interview on the Run

For your convenience I'll color code who is who.
Me
Tif

Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging almost 9 years ago because it was the new thing among my IRL friends. They were blogging about their families, but I decided to go with books instead because I didn't feel comfortable sharing so many details about my babes on the internet.  I had no idea that the book blogging community existed, but I eventually stumbled upon it and the rest is history!  

What are your favorite kinds of blog posts to read?

All about books, of course!  I love to hear other's thoughts on books that I have read, but I these days I tend to gravitate more to book discussion posts in general, whether it may be book lists or thoughts on the literary community.

Now, your turn . . .

Tell me about your blog.  How long have you been blogging?  What are your favorite things to write about?  

What do you do in your spare time, when you are not reading or blogging?


I have been blogging for 4 years now.

My favorite things to write about are going to author events with my friends, and I enjoy doing my Fan Art Fridays.

I love video games, I play the clarinet, and I cross stitch, but since we recently bought a house, I've been spending a lot of time on home projects. We are remodeling my daughter's room, and I need to get a nursery put together before my baby is born. I also like to watch movies.

How about you? What do you do when you aren't reading, blogging, or writing?

Tell me a little bit about your family. Siblings? Kids? Spouse? Pets?

We have a bit in common!!  We just bought a house in September, and let me tell you ... It is a fixer-upper!  We have been working every chance we get to paint, remodel, clean, unpack, etc.  I won't even tell you how many boxes we still have laying around unopened or partially unpacked.  I can't even unpack many boxes because the rooms are simply not ready yet! Someday . . .

Besides the house, I also love to spend time with my family, especially playing outdoors and in the mountains.  I usually take my camera along and snap a few (okay, a LOT) of pictures along the way as well.

And, speaking of my family ... I have been married to my amazing husband for almost 16 years and we have two kids, a boy and a girl.  We also have a dog named Lily Harper, and yes, she is named after literary characters!  

You're turn again!  

Who are some of your favorite authors and/or books that you think everyone else should be reading?  

And, since you mentioned that you love to attend author events, can you share a favorite or two of the ones you have attended?

To see my answers and the rest of our Interview on the Run, head on over to Tif's blog.


p.s. Don't you love her heading? So colorful and fun!

p.p.s. Thanks for this awesome idea Tif! It was SO much fun chatting with you!

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh a house can definitely eat up your time! I like taking my camera for walks -- and yes, I'm accused of taking too many photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tif sounds so fun! Yay! A new book blogger to follow. I'm off to finish the interview on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Tif! (Boo for fixer uppers- been there, stress city!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! You ended up with Tif! :) Fun way to do the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style of interview! It does read like a conversation. I cross stitch too =) Heading over to Tif's to continue....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clarinet! I wonder if I took a poll of book bloggers who play musical instruments, how many would report that they play or used to play the clarinet. It somehow seems like a very bookish instrument to me. (Pianos too of course.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny @ Reading the End ... I totally played the clarinet!!

      Delete
  7. Great idea! Don't worry about missing Day One! I have no idea if I'm going to manage Days 3, 4, and 5! I took numerous music lessons when I was a kid: accordian, piano, and alto sax, but nothing stuck and I had no talent. Learning to read music has come in handy over the years, though, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I guess I read the second half of the conversation first, but that's OK. I am enjoying these interviews so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this interview. It was a fun way to do it. And, I enjoyed getting to know both of you here. I'm going to finish the other half. Check you on the flip side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited that we got matched up! Thanks for a fabulous fun interview Kami!!

    ReplyDelete