Hey friends! How is the reading going?
Can you believe we're almost finished!?
Before we delve into the questions, let's take care of some housekeeping items.
Tonight @ 7:00 PM (MST)
Movie Watch Along:
March 4 @ 7:00 PM (MST)
If you live nearby, let us know, and we can guide you to Suey's house.
If you live far away, get a copy of the 1994 version and watch with us. We'll be using #LittleWomenRAL for comments during the movie.
Okay, enough chit chat, lets get to the good stuff!
Chapters 18 - 33 Discussion Questions:
1. What would be your dream cast for the March sisters (Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy), Marmee, Laurie, and whoever else you'd like to cast.
2. How do you feel about Meg and Mr. Brooke's relationship?
3. How do you feel about Jo's reaction to Meg getting married?
4. The girls are growing up and changing, do you feel differently towards them now than you did at the beginning?
5. Two important men were introduced in these chapters. What are your impressions of Mr. March and Professor Bhaer?
6. Do you think it was fair that Amy got to go to Europe instead of Jo?
7. What are your thoughts on the time period and setting of the book? Do you like it? Why do you think a very important historical event like the Civil War is hardly mentioned in the story?
8. Louisa May Alcott supposedly patterned the March sisters after herself and her own sisters. How accurate do you think she portrayed her family? Do you think a lot of the book is an idealized version of her and her sisters?
9. Why do you think Louisa May Alcott later added Part 2 to the book?
10. What is your favorite adaptation of Little Women and why?
I look forward to your answers and insights!
I'll be posting my answers later. It is late, and it took all my brain power to write this post.