Tuesday, February 2, 2016

George's Marvellous Medicine

23551127Goodreads Says:    George's grouchy grandmother needs a taste of her own medicine--and George knows just the right ingredients to put into it!













My Thoughts:

-    This story was very funny! I love how George describes his grandma, and I loved it when he was running around the house adding all sorts of crazy things to his brew. 

-    Every kid would love to make a concoction like George's. Too bad it isn't safe, or good on the budget.

-    I love the illustrations, especially of the grandma and the animals. Quentin Blake is amazing! 

-    I love that Roald Dahl created stories that entertain both children and adults. He had quite the imagination. It has been so fun to share these with my daughter. Thank you Roald Dahl!

-    Gnome couldn't get enough of this book. She kept asking for just one more chapter, ha ha! She never wanted this story to end.


Gnome's Thoughts: (spoilers)

-    I liked when he gathered things and made the medicine.

-    My favorite part was when Mr. Kranky and George were running around giving animals the medicine.

-    It was funny.

1 comment:

  1. I need to read a Dahl book. :( something tells me it would be more fun to read to kids though.

    ReplyDelete