Thursday, February 4, 2016

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

27398500From Goodreads:    Based on the hit video game, this series tells the story leading up to the beginning of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2! Written by Paul Tobin (Bandette, Banana Sunday) and illustrated by Jacob Chabot (The Mighty Skullboy Army, SpongeBob Comics), this is a hilarious, action-packed, all- ages, zombie-fightin' adventure! * The hit video game franchise continues its comic book invasion with a whole new series!







My Thoughts:

-    I really love the Plant vs. Zombie games ever since the first one came out. My daughter and husband got really into them as well. At Gnome's request, I bought this series. 

-    This was a bit juvenile and weird for me.

-    I liked the illustrations a lot. It looks like a Saturday morning cartoon.

-    The story is crazy yet entertaining.


27973325Goodreads Says:    In this story that ties directly into the hit _Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2_ game, discover how Dr. Zomboss acquires new technology to improve his zombie army! Written by Paul Tobin (Bandette, Banana Sunday) and illustrated by Jacob Chabot (The Mighty Skullboy Army, SpongeBob Comics), this series is for zombie and video game fans of all ages! * The prequel to the Garden Warfare 2 game!








My Thoughts:

-    Okay, I admit that these are kinda funny, silly but funny.

-    It is also pretty dumb. 

-    The orange and the rose are a bit much for me.

-    What is with the gnomes!?


28341956Goodreads Says:    In this story that ties directly into the hit Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 game, discover how Dr. Zomboss acquires new technology to improve his zombie army! Written by Paul Tobin (Bandette, Banana Sunday) and illustrated by Jacob Chabot (The Mighty Skullboy Army, SpongeBob Comics), this series is for zombie and video game fans of all ages! 

The prequel to the Garden Warfare 2 game!








My Thoughts:

-    Thank goodness there are only 3 issues in the series!!!

-    Nate is SO dumb!

-    The story and everything is getting ridiculous. The only reason this is staying in our house is because my kid is enjoying it.

-    What is the point of the gnomes!?!?

-    Everything is SO random!

-    I will not be purchasing more Plants vs. Zombies comics. Sorry PopCap and Dark Horse!

-    Gnome thought these were funny. She is 5, so I get that these interest her a little more than me. The next time she wants these read to her though, she will have to ask Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you're a good mom to suffer through the three of them. I've never played the game but once watched my nephew play. It was quite weird but entrancing. That may have been because we were in church and it was more interesting than the speaker, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was going to be a review of the game! I had no idea there were books

    ReplyDelete