Thursday, February 18, 2016

Variant

12912273From Goodreads:    Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Acadmey would be the ticket out of his dead-end life.

He was wrong.

Now he's trapped in a school that's surrounded by a razor-wire fence, where video cameras monitor his every move and where breaking the rules equals death.

All Benson wants is to find a way out. But when he stumbles upon the real secret the school has been hiding, he realises that escape may be impossible.



My Thoughts:

-    This was a really fun story. It had a lot of similarities with Maze Runner.

-    The story was definitely a page turner. I read the whole book in only a couple of sittings. I was immersed in the story.

-    There are some jaw dropping twists that I did not see coming! Whoa!

-    I liked the characters, but I felt like they could have used some depth and  bit more development. I wanted more overall from the story. The book seems to skim the surface of something more.

-    I loved the paintball wars. They were fun to read, and I liked the whole idea of all the students looking forward to paintball and saving points to get better gear. 

-    The end was mind blowing. I still don't know what to think of it. I can't wait to start the next book so I can find out what is happening!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard this one is pretty crazy. I have it but still haven't managed to get to it.

    ReplyDelete