Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 3: Blame a Blogger

Day OneIntroduce yourself (16)

Today's prompt is to talk about books we've read and loved because other bloggers have recommended them.

18090093I have never read a recipe book before, but my friend Jessica from The Bluestocking Society wrote a really great review for this one. I had been trying to figure out how to cut out processed foods from my diet at the time, and this seemed perfect for me! Let me tell ya, THIS BOOK HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! I read it a year ago, and I still don't look at food the same way. I've tried a lot of the recipes in the book, and they have become favorites for me and my family. Most of the meals I make are from this book. I love it!







13330943My book club consists of a lot of book bloggers. We have quite a fun group around here! My first book club gathering was for The Night Circus. I would not have picked this up if it hadn't been the book club book that month. It was fabulous! It was so unique and fun. I has a kind of Tim Burtonish feeling to it which is right up my alley! 














8664353I'm not a big non-fiction reader. It is very rare when I read one, so when my book club was going to read Unbroken, I was going to pass. I was little intimidated by the content, and it just wasn't something I thought I'd be interested in. Then Suey and Jenni kept talking about how great it was, and how the movie was so good, so after listening to them rave and asking them questions, I finally gave in and read it. I LOVED it! It was so moving and powerful! The writing was SO good. It was one of my favorite books last year! After having an amazing experience with this book, I don't shy away from non-fictions anymore, at lest not as much.

9 comments:

  1. I've seen a few plugs for The Night Circus this week! I had kind of forgotten what a huge blogging darling that was when it came out -- such a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love our book club too. It's always getting me to read books I might now have and end up loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot for The Night Circus and Unbroken. :D I'm glad you ended up liking both. And, I need to read the 100 Days of Real Food, but I need to get over this stupid rash first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finding a good book to introduce you to loving nonfiction! I have crazily not yet read Unbroken though I really liked Hillenbrand's Seabiscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been curious about The Night Circus and now that you say it's Tim Burtonish, I'm really curious! He's one of my favorite people ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 3 are books that I've heard a lot about and have not read. And, of course, I've heard about them through other bloggers. I was never a non-fiction reader, but have found that I can handle it when I listen to it. And Unbroken is definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should've joined this event!! I don't check my blogs enough to see that this event was even coming. I need to try out that cook book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night Circus was so good! I am pretty sure I wouldn't have read it if not for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing rave reviews of the Night Circus. I wasn't sure about it, but if you loved it, clearly I need to add it to my tbr.

    I'll have to keep an eye out for that cookbook! I'm really trying to eat a little better this year.

    ReplyDelete