Thursday, June 30, 2016

Unearthly

16037778Goodreads Says:    In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . . 

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy. 

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side. 

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny? 

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

My Thoughts:

-    This book was alright. I'm not a paranormal romance fan, but this one was okayish.

-    I liked the angel lore and everything. I like the wings and glory and all that. It was interesting.

-    My biggest grief with the story is that the romance takes over! I wish the book had been more about Clara finding out who and what she is, and her discovering her purpose. I wanted the the romance to be a side thing and not the main thing. I also want more about these black wings.

-    This book starts a love-triangle. UGH! I can handle some love-triangles, but I wasn't a fan of this one.

-    I really liked the setting. I live by big mountains too, and the setting felt very much like home. It was nice. 

-    Despite the overbearing romance, I'm going to continue the series. I'm really curious to find out what happens. 

4 comments:

  1. I started this a long time ago and just never managed to get into it. I really should try again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate when the romance takes over. If the plot is well thought out and exciting, slim as it may be, I can sometimes handle the heavy romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romance that takes over plot is one of my reading pet peeves too! I'm glad there was some interesting side plots for you, even if they weren't the main focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read this for a while. Yay for lots of romance!!! I may actually like that about this story, but we'll see. Maybe, I'll want to know more about the other stuff. I'm not excited about the love triangle, though.

    ReplyDelete