Monday, November 6, 2017

My Father's Dragon

34898Goodreads Says:    Elmer Elevator (narrator's father as a boy) runs away with an old alley cat to rescue a flying baby dragon being exploited on a faraway island. With the help of two dozen pink lollipops, rubber bands, chewing gum, and a fine-toothed comb, Elmer disarms the fiercest of beasts on Wild Island.













My Thoughts:

-    This was such a fun and endearing book! I loved it! Gnome loved it too. She can't wait to read the others.

-    Gnome and I both laughed a lot during the book. The way that the boy helps the animals with their problems is so funny. We especially laughed at the end. We were laughing so hard, we could barely read.

-    The pictures were so great! It really added to the book, and Gnome and I spent time just enjoying the detailed illustrations. 

-    I highly recommend this one! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both liked this one. My dad used to read this to me as a kid so it has a special place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete