Rosie Wolf was sure that when her dad died, he went to Paradise. After all, isn’t that where everyone went? But when Rosie wakes up in a strange hospital bed and finds out that she’s died in an accident, she learns things aren’t always what you think they will be.
Now her father feels further away than ever, and Rosie is left to deal with the Grim Reaper, who isn’t a man in a black cloak, but a beautiful woman with a bad attitude. The Grim Reaper tells Rosie that before she can move on to Paradise, she has to go back down to Earth and collect three souls. But Rosie quickly realizes it’s not so simple.
To complicate matters, Rosie meets Kyle, a boy who is different than anyone she’s ever known. He’s cute, smart, and funny. Rosie’s been warned to stay away from the living, but she doesn’t want to. What will happen if she doesn’t?
- I had really high expectations for this book, and I wish I hadn't. Kyra is the daughter of one of my favorite authors, and I was so excited to read her book. I was expecting the deep haunting experience that I usually get with Carol's books.
- I kept expecting a big twist or something, but it didn't come. In the end, I appreciated the subtlety and simplicity of the story.
- I really liked Rosie. I liked the way she thought. She was very straightforward, and she didn't over complicate things.
- This is the very first time where I actually pictured the author as the MC. It was cool!
- Overall, I enjoyed the story, and I'm excited to read other books by Kyra.