Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Day Before

The Day Before

Goodreads Bit:   Sixteen-year-old Amber, hoping to spend one perfect day alone at the beach before her world is turned upside down, meets and feels a strong connection to Cade, who is looking for his own escape, for a very different reason.

My Thoughts: 

-    This is written in verse like a few of Schroeder's other's books.  I love the verse style!  

-    I love the poem on page 114!!!  It is exactly how I feel about books!

-    I am gushing!  Seriously...I don't know why, but this one day romance has me gushing.  I think I was just in the right kind of mood.

-    I loved Cade and Amber's relationship and how it develops.  They have this one day to spend together, and they make it count!  The romance doesn't just happen.  They connect, get to know each other, and I liked that.

-    I want to play the movie game with someone.  I think I'm just going to start saying, "have you seen that movie?" to people. 

-    Sometimes I want to take a day like this.  I want to just run away, do whatever I want, and not care.  

-    I couldn't stop reading.  I just had to keep turning the pages, so I could find out what happens, and why these 2 people needed a free day.  

-    What happened to Amber and Charlotte is something I'm really scared of.  When I had my little gnome, I was glad they took so many precautions to make sure she was mine.  I know the chances were really slim, especially since I don't think my hospital delivered any other Asian babies that day, and my gnome is a like a little clone of me, but still...I worried.  

-    The story just made me smile!  It wasn't a super happy or ha ha book, but it made me smile! I felt really calm and peaceful when I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment