Thursday, May 24, 2012

Princess for Hire

Princess for Hire (Princess for Hire, #1)

Goodreads Synopsis:   When Desi Bascomb gets discovered by the elite Facade Agency–royalty surrogates extraordinaire–her life goes from glamour-starved to spectacular in a blink. As her new agent, Meredith, explains, Desi has a rare magical ability: when she applies the ancient Egyptian formula “Royal Rouge,” she can transform temporarily into the exact lookalike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right?
Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras. Like, what do you do when a bullying older sister puts you on a heinous crash diet? Or when the tribal villagers gather to watch you perform a ceremonial dance you don’t know? Or when a princess’s conflicted sweetheart shows up to break things off–and you know she would want you to change his mind?
In this hilarious series debut, one girl’s dream of glamour transforms into something bigger: the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time.


My Thoughts:

-    If they made a movie of my life, I'd hire Audrey Hepburn to play me too!

-    Old movies, Animal lover, Clarinet player, and Audrey Hepburn references...This book is awesome!!

-    The story was a really fun, light, and clean read!  Sometimes...you just gotta pick one of these up to break up the other stuff.  

-    I have to say that this book was a guilty pleasure.  Everything on the cover screams "Not For Me!!"  I don't know why I picked it up.  I'm glad I did though, I enjoyed it...more than I should have.

-    The whole Hayden thing was LAME!!  What a waste of time!  I knew the guy was a loser from the beginning!

-    There were a few things that were a little dramatic and meh.

-    I really love Desi.  I can relate to her on a lot of things.  I really love that she wanted to make an impact.  She helped girls achieve what they couldn't do for themselves.  That takes guts!  I don't know if I could have done that.  

-    I really enjoyed seeing Desi's character develop and become more.  

-    I liked that the author spelled Karl with a K.  My hubby's grandpa's name is spelled like that.  K's are better!  

-    I also really liked the fairy tale elements of the story.  It was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, found your blog while looking around for folks with similar interests. I like your writing style :) Maybe you can check out what I'm doing? http://epicthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete