Yum! Our magic mirror has dropped me and my brother, Jonah, into the story of Hansel and Gretel. If we're lucky, we may even get to taste the cake-house...
But we didn't count on accidentally getting trapped. The real Hansel and Gretel are on the run, and Jonah and I have taken their place. And the witch is making a kid casserole for dinner...
Now we have to:
- Avoid being eaten
- Pretend our dog is a cat
- Learn to make kale smoothies
- Befriend a talking duck
Or we may never make it back to our home sweet home!
- I usually get sick of a series after so many books, but even though this is the 10th book, I'm still enjoying them.
- There is something really charming and refreshing about these books. They are fun and quick to read, and it is a nice break from my usual reads.
- I love the fun and inventive twists on classic fairy tales. This one had a pretty funny twist in the end. I liked it.
- I'm still very curious about Mary Rose. When are we going to get more of her story?
- I thought it was interesting that this is the first book in the series that hasn't done a fairy tale that has been an animated Disney movie.