Saturday, July 8, 2017

Falling for You

13553217Goodreads Synopsis:    Rae's always dreamed of dating a guy like Nathan. He’s nothing like her abusive stepfather—in other words, he’s sweet. But the closer they get, the more Nathan wants of her time, of her love, of her...and the less she wants to give. 

As Rae’s affection for Nathan turns to fear, she leans on her friend Leo for support. With Leo, she feels lighter, happier. And possessive Nathan becomes jealous. 

Then a tragedy lands Rae in the ICU. Now, hovering between life and death, Rae must find the light amid the darkness…and the strength to fight for life and the love she deserves.





My Thoughts:

-    I loved this book! 

-    I'm really glad I didn't judge this book by its cover or title, or I probably wouldn't have read it. The cover is a really bad representation of the story. The book is by one of my favorite authors, so I had to give it a whirl.

-    I love the use of poetry. The author has a such a way with words and poetry. I picked up a poetry book because of this book, and I'm not a poetry reader. 

-    I loved Rae. I really felt for her and her situation. I thought dating Nathan was bad judgement on her part, but considering where she was coming from, I understand why she would jump at something like that.

-    This was such a page turner. I couldn't put it down. I just had to get to the end. 

-    What Leo does for Rae is so sweet and amazing. I wasn't sure about him at first, and I just wanted Leo and Rae to stay friends, but he proved his quality. 

-    The story is full of misery and sadness, but it is also full of hope, love, and kindness. It is such a great read! 

2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely judge this book by its cover so I'm glad you read and reviewed it. Now I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'd totally read this book based on the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete