Monday, November 5, 2012

October Book Club

For October we read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Graveyard Book

We had a fun Halloween party and invited our families to come to our get together.  It was fun!  A couple people couldn't make it, but hopefully they'll make it next month!

Here are our thoughts on the book!

My Thoughts:    Click Here

Erin's Thought:    I liked that the book was very different from what I have been reading.  I enjoyed the characters and background.  I wish there was another book or the last few chapters summed up Bods life some more.

Kasie's Thought:    I am loving reading this book.  I haven't finished it yet, but I am very intrigued to find out what happens.  It is different than other books I've read, so that is always fun!

Andrea's Thought:    What a great book!  I love how developed each character is!  I also loved the way Bod spoke.  He sounded so grown-up even when he was only 6.  I guess that's what happens when you're being raised by people who are hundreds of years old.

Everyone enjoyed the book!  It is a good one!

A couple people want to read more Neil Gaiman books, so we'll probably be reading more of him.

For November we are going to read:

The Book Thief

2 comments:

  1. I listened to this book on audio. I think Gaiman did the narration. It was wonderful. I cried at the end. I loved Bod. And the vampire like guy who watched over him. What was his name? I forget. Silas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! It will be fun to hear everyone's thoughts on that next book! :)

    ReplyDelete