Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Anne's House of Dreams

77394From Goodreads:    Anne's own true love, Gilbert Blythe, is finally a doctor, and in the sunshine of the old orchard, among their dearest friends, they are about to speak their vows. Soon the happy couple will be bound for a new life together and their own dream house, on the misty purple shores of Four Winds Harbor.

A new life means fresh problems to solve, fresh surprises. Anne and Gilbert will make new friends and meet their neighbors: Captain Jim, the lighthouse attendant, with his sad stories of the sea; Miss Cornelia Bryant, the lady who speaks from the heart -- and speaks her mind; and the tragically beautiful Leslie Moore, into whose dark life Anne shines a brilliant light.




My Thoughts:

-    Anne and Gilbert are FINALLY married!!!! Hooray! They are one of my all time favorite couples in literature.

-    Anne and Gilbert face joys and sorrows in their first few years of marriage. It is a very realistic book.

-    I know how Anne feels about her little house. I live in a little home, and I love it, and I never want to leave, but it isn't realistic. We're going to have to move soon. 

-    I loved the people Anne and Gilbert meet. I love Captain Jim and his stories. I love Leslie, especially her happy ending.

-    Anne is such a matchmaker. She helps couples meet and get married everywhere she goes!

-    These books are so warm and comforting. I just love them! They make me happy. 


Previous Anne of Green Gables Book
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts)

763588 859118 77392
65840

No comments:

Post a Comment