Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date Published: July 20, 2010
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
- Again, I am torn between 3 and 4 stars, so 3.5 stars for this one.
- Meghan Chase is stuck in the winter kingdom surrounded by enemies, and the only friend she thought she had is rarely around or being a total jerk. Things between Summer and Winter are tense, but after the seasonal scepter thing is stolen, war is inevitable. While Summer and Winter are preparing for war, Meghan decides to go after the real culprit, the Iron Fey. Even though Meghan took care of the Iron King, another "ruler" has risen up to take his place.
- The characters grew on me during this book. I was more invested in what happened to them and their end goals. I also felt like there was more on the line if they failed.
- The beginning and the end are so good. The middle is a tad slow. I don't understand why they had to spend so much time at Leansidhe's house doing nothing.
- Once again, Grimalkin was hilariously snarky, and probably the most important character in the book.
- I did not like the love triangle. I don't think the story needs one. I understand why she has feelings towards Puck, but come on! Ash is obviously the one she loves. Sorry if that is a spoiler. I don't think it is though.
- The book sort of suffers from 2nd book syndrome, but the ending is pretty darn fantastic.
My Thoughts in a GIF: