Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Recap

Books Read:  19
 











Pages Read:  5,118

1 Star:  0
2 Stars:  3
3 Stars:  4
4 Stars:  8
5 Stars:  4

Favorite Book of the Month: 
It was a tie between Magnolia Palace and Apples Never Fall

Happy Groundhog Day! I had a killer reading month! The Bout of Books read-a-thon really helped to kick start my reading this year. I sorta carried the momentum through the rest of the month. 

My reading might slow down in February because Pokemon Legends Arceus is out, and I will probably spend a lot of time with that. 

Goal Progress:

Goodreads Challenge - I am 9 books ahead of schedule! Woo! (19/125)

Newbery Award Winners - I only read one Newbery book. I need to pick up the pace on these. (1/20)

Re-read Book - I haven't found a re-read challenge. Maybe I should host one next year. I'll have to think about that. I re-read one book in January. I have a plan to get my re-read numbers up. I am thinking of doing zero library book months where I don't check out any books from the library for a month. More on that later. (1/20)

Book Club Books - I read the book for book club! It was an easy read, but there wasn't a lot to discuss. (1/10)

If you'd like to see my thoughts on the books I read in January, the covers are linked. I didn't review every book, and I still need to write reviews for the last few books.

Thank you for stopping by! Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed your review of APPLES NEVER FALL when you posted it. I just read it and I'm so glad you loved the book as much as I did. Moriarty fans seem to either love it or hate it.

    Excellent stats! Glad you had such a good reading month in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I'm always happy to meet other Moriarty fans!

      Delete
  2. Wow you had a pretty great reading month!! I'm just getting back into blogging/reviewing! I missed all the great things that goes with it. Have a great book reading February!!😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! What is your blog? I will look it up.

      Delete
  3. Good job on reading 19 books this month! Someday, I hope my superpower is reading as fast as you.

    I need to read more Liane Moriarty books. I've only read three, but I've liked all of them.

    I'll host a rereading challenge with you next year, if you want. I've always wanted to host a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, let's do it! It might be fun to host a challenge.

      Delete
  4. You did have a great month of reading. I have to get to Apples Never Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Stars Are Scattered is one I really want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the opportunity. It is great.

      Delete