Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Iron Queen


Title:
  The Iron Queen

Author:  Julie Kagawa

Series:  The Iron Fey #3

Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

Date Published:  January 25, 2011

Genre:  Fantasy, Young Adult

Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐



My Thoughts:

-    This was my favorite book in the series!

-    Meghan and Ash are trying to figure out how to live in exile, but the war between the Iron Fey and the Nevernever isn't over. Whether they like it or not, Meghan and Ash are at the center of the war. Summer and Winter have made a temporary alliance, and they both agree that Meghan is the only one who can bring down the False Iron King. 

-    This was a perfect conclusion to the struggle with the Iron Fey. I didn't know/remember how Meghan saved everyone, but it was awesome to relive it again.

-    I really liked Meghan's character growth in this book. She became more confident, learned to fight, and grew into an amazing leader.

-    I think Ash is a little melodramatic at times, but he is fae, and he really grew on me during this book. I loved his loyalty and dedication to Meghan. He is a perfect knight. 

-    The ending is bitter sweet. I would have been okay with this being the last book, but I appreciate that there is one more book to help wrap up that one heartbreaking loose end.


My Thoughts in a GIF: 


Trigger Warnings:  Mild Violence, Sensuality, Grief


Previous Books in the Series:

(covers are linked)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying this series and I sure hope the last book is going to be just as good or better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like each book in this series just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I didn't even realize that. Ha ha!

      Delete