- I finally got the nerve to go see this. I've been worried since it was announced. I've been a huge fan of this since high school, and I've even had the pleasure to play in the orchestra for the play. I just didn't want them to botch it.
- This was good, but I've seen better.
- I thought Marius sounded like Kermit the Frog. He did good, but I wasn't a fan of his voice.
- Anne Hathaway blew me away! I did not know she could sing like that!
- Hugh Jackman did good. I still don't think he looked the part of Jean Valjean, but he did good. I kinda wish he was more of a baritone voice than a tenor, and I wish he would have gone falsetto during Bring Him Home...like it supposed to be sung.
- Russell Crowe was good for Russell Crowe, but I don't think he was powerful enough. There was something I liked about his voice, but not for Javert.
- Cosette was good! She sang like a bell. She had a very pleasant voice.
- I love that they took the Eponine from the Broadway show for the movie. She was awesome!
- I loved that Helena Bonham Carter was in it! She was fantastic, and so was the innkeeper. That was probably my favorite innkeeper I've ever seen.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE 10x LOVE that Colm Wilkinson (who played Jean Valjean in the original London cast) played the bishop!!!!! EEE!!
- There were a few alterations to the story and music, but not much.
- I cried. I admit it!
- I wish they had shown Eponine at the end. Fantine AND Eponine come to get Jean Valjean when he dies.
- Sword fight between Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe = Epic!
- That camera got awfully close to the face most of the time!
- Overall it was really good, but I still love Broadway better.
- It took every ounce of restraint to not sing along in the theater. I caught myself humming the clarinet part a couple times, but I refrained from singing!
p.s. Can we get another shot and Phantom now?
- I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob!