Now Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they're kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.
In THE CALLING, the sizzling second book in the Darkness Rising trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong pumps up the romance, danger, and suspense that left readers of THE GATHERING clamoring for more.
- I enjoyed this one a little more than the first book. There were still some slow parts, but overall, it was more entertaining.
- I got a couple answers to some questions, but not a lot. I want more info! The third book better deliver or I'm going to be frustrated!
- I think Maya is growing as a character. Traveling through the forest with her friends has taught her a few things, and I hope her character continues to grow and develop.
- I love how much Maya's dog is involved in the story and with Maya's safety! I wish more books would incorporate an animal. I love Maya's relationship with her dog. I'm so jealous!
- Daniel is a natural leader. He knows how to keep everyone together and how to lead. I really like that about him. He seems too perfect though, and I feel like he is keeping something from Maya.
- Is there a love triangle? I'm still unsure, but I think there is. I hope it doesn't develop into one, but I pretty sure it is going to happen. Ugh!
- Another killer cliffhanger!! Dang! I'm so glad I have the next book! I hate awful cliffhangers!
- To be honest, not a lot happened to move the story along. The characters traveled through the forest for most of it, and the story did progress, but I don't feel like it progressed enough. I hope the last book can give all the answers and tie everything up.
First book in the Darkness Rising trilogy
(cover is linked)