- This used to be my favorite book in the series back in the day, but I'm thinking it might not be anymore. They are all so good!
- I really loved how this one focused a lot on Eilonwy, but she wasn't prominent in the book.
- Everything Gurgi says is golden! I just love his dialogue!
- Prince Rhun started out as a complete dweeb, and you just want to strangle him, but his character grows and develops along the way, and by the end, his character is bit more endearing, and someday he'll make a decent king.
- I feel like Taran became more aware of who he is and how he feels. It was a different kind of character development.
- Llyan was awesome! I want one!
- I can't remember if Glew makes an appearance in the next 2 books, but I hope so. I feel like his tale isn't over.
- I love how the characters learned how to use Eilonwy's bauble, and I love how the bauble is activated. Who knew Eilonwy was so selfless?
- Since this is the middle book of the 5 in the series, can I safely call this the "hump book" of the series?
- Bottom line: I loved it! Great adventure! Great characters! Love this series!
Previous books in The Chronicle of Prydain Series
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts)