Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Secret of Red Gate Farm

1345662Goodreads Description:    When Bess Marvin purchased an expensive bottle of Oriental perfume, she never expected to stumble into a mystery. Now Bess, Nancy, George, and their new friend Jo are out to unravel the secrets of a mysterious conspiracy, a secretive cult, and a ring of counterfeiters in The Secret of Red Gate Farm.












My Thoughts:

-    The ending of this one was a bit of a surprise to me. I don't know why, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. Loved that!

-    Nancy seems a lot older than 18. She just seems more mature, confident, and smarter than usual 18 year old.

-    I loved that Nancy studied and learned how to decipher codes! She keeps adding new skills to her repertoire. I just admire her!

-    I like that the police take Nancy seriously and value her tips and advice. They see her as a contributor rather than a nuisance, and it is just nice that Nancy and the police work together to solve these mysteries. 

-    I can't get used to a girl named George! I think she is a guy half the time. 

-    Even though the book was a quick and easy read, I didn't feel like the story was rushed. 


Previous Nancy Drew Books
(Click on cover to see my thoughts)

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment