From Goodreads: Nimira is a foreign music-hall girl forced to dance for mere pennies. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing with a piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new and better life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets are beginning to stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumors swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry's involvement with a league of sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. Then Nimira discovers the spirit of a fairy gentleman named Erris is trapped inside the clockwork automaton, waiting for someone to break his curse. The two fall into a love that seems hopeless, and breaking the curse becomes a race against time, as not just their love, but the fate of the entire magical world may be in peril.
- I knew near to nothing about this book when I started it, and I was pleasantly surprised.
- The story was very compelling and had me hooked from the beginning. The protagonist was so intriguing.
- I loved how complex a lot of the characters were, especially Hollin. Everyone had different motives and plans.
- The politics were complicated, but I think I understood everything alright.
- Linza only shows up a few times, but she is awesome! I love sub-characters like her.
- I'm excited to read the next book. I hope we get to learn more about Nimira's past and country.