Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Swan Kingdom

2124206Goodreads Synopsis:    A new voice in fantasy weaves a rich, entrancing tale of a girl with powerful healing gifts —- and the courage to use them to save her ailing kingdom.

Shadows fall across the beautiful, lush kingdom after the queen is attacked by an unnatural beast, and the healing skills of her daughter, Alexandra, cannot save her. Too soon the widowed king is spellbound by a frightening stranger, a woman whose eyes reflect no light. In a terrifying moment, all Alexandra knows disappears, including her beloved brothers, leaving her banished to a barren land. But Alexandra has more gifts than she realizes as she confronts magic, murder, and the strongest of evil forces, and is unflinchingly brave as she struggles to reclaim what is rightfully hers. Fantasy lovers will be held in thrall by this tale full of visual detail, peppered with a formidable destructive force and sweetened with familial and romantic love.


My Thoughts:

-    This was a unique story. I enjoyed it. 

-    I liked how the 4 siblings worked together in the beginning. I have 3 older brothers as well.

-    The style and the way the story was told was different. I liked it for the most part, but sometimes it got a little slow.

-    I forgot the title of the fairy tale, but this is a retelling of the siblings turned into swans and a sister must make clothes for them to change them back. 

-    This is one of those books where I liked it, but I don't know what to say about it. It was a nice story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment