Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The House of Hades

12127810Goodreads Synopsis:    At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.


My Thoughts:

-    Not my favorite in the series, but still good.

-    I like how the story is told from the perspective of several different heroes. It is fun to get to know each of them. Even though the perspective is changing a lot, the story flows really well. 

-    All the demigods have their moments to shine, but Frank and Leo really stood out to me in this book. I'm growing to like them more and more.

-    I loved the world building of Tartarus. I've always been curious about that place, and it is as horrible as they say and worse. 

-    One of the things that bugged me was how convenient it was for someone random to show up and save our heroes at the last second. The journey is dangerous and there are perilous moments, but I would have liked to see the heroes figure out a way to save themselves more, especially Percy. 

-    I also thought that some of the god-like powers were stretched a bit. For Piper to turn on Festus with the power of love was WAY out there! The same with Hazel and the mist. I just couldn't buy it.

-    I'm excited to finish the series! I wonder what will happen to everyone.


Previous Books in The Heroes of Olympus Series:
(covers are linked to my thoughts)

7736182 9520360 12127750

No comments:

Post a Comment