From Goodreads: An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.
- I really enjoyed this book! It had a lot of heart and humor.
- I'm guessing Audrey was bullied at school and something terrible went down. The book doesn't really say what happened. There are hints, but it doesn't explain anything. In the end, it doesn't matter what happened. The book focuses on Audrey's healing process, which I loved. The title is perfect because Audrey is truly finding herself.
- I really liked Frank. He was a great brother, and I liked his relationship with Audrey. He was very supportive, but he also teased Audrey. It was a great sibling relationship.
- Linus was sweet. He was a perfect boy next door kind of guy. I liked the different ways he helped Audrey climb out of her shell.
- The mom drove me crazy!! I think it is because she reminded me of my mom. Memories of getting yelled at for dumb things were brought back. My mom also hated how much time me and my siblings spent on the computer and video games. I also got yelled at for reading too much or being outside too much. I just couldn't win.
- All those trips to Starbucks made me crave Starbucks something fierce! I may have visited Starbucks a couple times while reading this. Yummmmm! I heart Frappes!
- I loved that this took place in England, and I loved that it wasn't translated! Woo!
- Just FYI, there are some F-bombs throughout the book and deity swears.
- This was a really great book, and I needed something like this right now. I've been struggling to find a book that sticks, and this one stuck big time! I want to look into other books by this author!