Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Salty Dog

Salty DogGoodreads Synopsis:    Ahoy! Buried treasure is always a good reason to dig up adventure!There's treasure in Oakdale! To find it, Wishbone, Joe, Samantha and David must enter the condemned Trumbull Barn.

This reminds Wishbone of the high-seas tale Treasure Island, and Wishbone imagines himself as the orphaned Jim Hawkins who follows up a map to excitement-and treasure! Soon Jim finds himself face to face with dangerous pirates and the adventure of a lifetime.

Only a special breed of hero-one with canine courage and a nose for adventure-can tackle all this trouble!




My Thoughts:

-    I love that these books have more content than the TV show, and I love that the stories are true to the original books. They do a good job abridging the story for a younger audience.

-    Wishbone as Jim Hawkins was awesome! I love imagining a cute little dog as the characters. The pictures of Wishbone in the different scenes are really fun too.

-    Gnome and I both enjoyed this one a lot. I liked reading out loud with a pirate accent. It was fun.

-    This made me want to read Treasure Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment