Monday, August 20, 2018

The Invaders

The Invaders (Brotherband Chronicles, #2)Goodreads Synopsis:    The adventure continues in the Ranger's Apprentice companion trilogy!

Hal and the Herons have done the impossible. This group of outsiders has beaten out the strongest, most skilled young warriors in all of Skandia to win the Brotherband competition. But their celebration comes to an abrupt end when the Skandians' most sacred artifact, the Andomal, is stolen--and the Herons are to blame.

To find redemption they must track down the thief Zavac and recover the Andomal. But that means traversing stormy seas, surviving a bitter winter, and battling a group of deadly pirates willing to protect their prize at all costs. Even Brotherband training and the help of Skandia's greatest warrior may not be enough to ensure that Hal and his friends return home with the Andomal--or their lives.


My Thoughts:

-    I love this author! He is an amazing storyteller. I get so immersed in his world, and I get so attached to his characters. I'll never get tired of his books. 

-    I loved how each boy grew and overcame their individual weaknesses. I loved seeing them come together stronger team. The trust and friendship are so great!

-    I enjoyed getting to know Thorn better. His story is very intriguing. 

-    I liked the new characters, especially Lydia. She is a formidable character, and I hope she doesn't cause too much trouble in the Brotherband.

-    It was so fun to see Hal put a plan of attack into motion. I loved the battle to take back the town.

-    I can't say enough about this series or the this author. I love it!


Previous book in the Brotherband Chronicles:

The Outcasts (Brotherband Chronicles, #1)

1 comment:

  1. You love this author’s books so much I’m worried when I get to them they’ll never live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete