The champion must not fear.
The gate of darkness closes.
Elisa is a fugitive.
Her enemies have stolen the man she loves, and they await her at the gate of darkness. Her country is on the brink of civil war, with her own soldiers ordered to kill her on sight.
Her Royal Majesty, Queen Lucero-Elisa né Riqueza de Vega, bearer of the Godstone, will lead her three loyal companions deep into the enemy's kingdom, a land of ice and snow and brutal magic, to rescue Hector and win back her throne. Her power grows with every step, and the shocking secrets she will uncover on this, her final journey, could change the course of history.
But that is not all. She has a larger destiny. She must become the champion the world has been waiting for.
Even of those who hate her most.
- This was a perfect ending to a great series.
- Elisa's journey was incredible. I loved her character growth. I can't say enough about it.
- I loved all the other characters too. I liked that we got to see Cosme again, and I was excited that we finally got to see Alodia.
- I liked Elisa and Hector's relationship a lot, but I was a little bugged about Hector's overprotectiveness. Elisa became so powerful in this book, and Hector still thought she needed him to protect her. I understand that he always wanted to be by her side, but she was far from the helpless girl she was in the first book.
- I loved seeing the different countries from Carson's world. The world building was great! I felt so immersed.
- I highly recommend this trilogy to all fantasy and YA lovers!