- I was at the library browsing through the movies, and I saw this one. I've never heard of it, but it had a great cast line up, so I checked it out.
- This was such a weird movie.
- I thought this would be a dramatic comedy, and in a way I guess it was, but it was a documentary type movie, like Best in Show. I was definitely not expecting that.
- I wonder if any of the people were real people from the town.
- This was such a different role for Jack Black. Instead of a goofball, he plays a very conservative, neighborly, and Christian nice guy. He did such a great job though! His body language, the way he talked, and the way he walked was so in character.
- Bernie singing in the car at the beginning cracked me up.
- I can't believe this is a true story! It is crazy!
- Shirley MacLaine was perfect for her role. She was fabulous!
- I thought Mathew McConaughey would play a larger role than he did, and he doesn't appear until farther into the story, but he did a good job.
- It takes place in Texas, and I just couldn't understand half of what some people said.
- Overall, I thought this was weird, but it was very entertaining. It was good.
- It felt like I was back in Oklahoma.
- I thought this was a pretty good movie. I was surprised!
- I liked all the Southern sayings.
- I liked all the mortuary stuff.