Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bernie



My Thoughts:

-    I was at the library browsing through the movies, and I saw this one. I've never heard of it, but it had a great cast line up, so I checked it out.

-    This was such a weird movie.

-    I thought this would be a dramatic comedy, and in a way I guess it was, but it was a documentary type movie, like Best in Show. I was definitely not expecting that.

-    I wonder if any of the people were real people from the town.

-    This was such a different role for Jack Black. Instead of a goofball, he plays a very conservative, neighborly, and Christian nice guy.  He did such a great job though! His body language, the way he talked, and the way he walked was so in character. 

-    Bernie singing in the car at the beginning cracked me up.

-    I can't believe this is a true story! It is crazy!

-    Shirley MacLaine was perfect for her role. She was fabulous!

-    I thought Mathew McConaughey would play a larger role than he did, and he doesn't appear until farther into the story, but he did a good job. 

-    It takes place in Texas, and I just couldn't understand half of what some people said.

-    Overall, I thought this was weird, but it was very entertaining. It was good. 


Hubby's Thought:

-    It felt like I was back in Oklahoma.

Tyson's Thoughts:

-    I thought this was a pretty good movie. I was surprised!

-    I liked all the Southern sayings.

-    I liked all the mortuary stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment