Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book


-    Dragons:  If the book has dragons, I'll most likely read it!

-    Fairy Tale Re-Tellings:  This is one of my favorite genres, and I'll read almost everything that is a re-telling!

-    Classics:  For some reason, I really want to read classic books. Books from authors like Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, etc. I want to read the oldies but goodies!

-   Mythology:  I love all the mythology based books coming out! I've always been fascinated with Greek and Roman mythology. I've kinda gotten into Egyptian and Norse mythology lately. I love all the books that include this topic. 

-    Zombies:  If the book has zombies, I'll probably pick it up!

-   Comic Books:  I want to read anything Marvel and Batman. If it has Marvel heroes or Batman in it! It's pretty much a done deal.

-    Books made into movies:  If was made into a movie I liked, I want to read the book!

-    Books mentioned in movies:  If a  book is mentioned in a movie I like, I want to read it. For instance, the shoe books like Ballet Shoes, Skating Shoes, etc. They are mentioned in You've Got Mail by Meg Ryan's character, and I want to read those books now. 

-    Clarinet:  If there is a clarinet on the cover, or the book is about band/clarinet players. I'll read it! No matter how cheesy, I'll read it.

-    Manga:  I enjoy reading certain mangas.  If I find a manga I love, I can't get my hands on the next  volume fast enough!

9 comments:

  1. So I agree with almost everything... just not the zombies and clarinets. I've never really gotten the appeal of zombies, and as for the clarinet, I hated playing that instrument in school so I'm a bit prejudiced against them. But as for the rest, this list is perfect. Especially dragons!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you mentioned You've Got Mail. Probably my favorite movie. And I read the Streatfield books after they were mentioned in the movie. Did you see the movie made about Ballet Shoes? It had Emma Watson in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list is great! I have fairy tale re-tellings on my list too. I love them. And you can't go wrong with Marvel! Also, dragons. :D

    My Top Ten
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with fairy tale re-tellings and mythology. I never gave much thought to books with Clarinets on the cover and can't even remember one...I do love to try to find books that were mentioned in movies. Great list!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dragons and mythology are on my list too.
    And I also adore fairy tale retellings and buy them like mad. I forgot to add that to my list. And if book is mentioned in a movie (or in another book) I usually try to find it and read it too. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    BTW New follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I love classics too! Even though some of them are dreadfully boring, I still always feel a need to read them. Some are pretty awesome/timeless, of course, and make it worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list, I agree with more than one, even though I think only fairy tale re-tellings and mythology made it on my own list.

    Books mentioned in movies would be a fun one. I am so going to try that out next time one is mentioned in a film!

    Here's mine: http://anannysliterarymusings.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/top-ten-tuesday-teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HAVE put The Sky is Everywhere in your list now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairytale retellings and mythology made my list as well! I love books with dragons in them, and I also tend to read books that are turned into movies, just because I like to know the source before I go watch a film. Manga is my favorite thing ever, especially shoujo manga, and if it's highly recommended, made into a popular anime, with gorgeous artwork, or by an artist I've read other books (and enjoyed), I will most definitely check it out.

    Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete