Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.
Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.
In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.
- Wow! Another really fun journey.
- Brodi said she didn't have the world building bone, but I think she did a great job creating the Everneath. It was really cool to see the Everneath in this book.
- I feel like screaming and celebrating. I'm not sure which, but I might do a bit of both.
- I like that the story takes place in Utah. I know where all the locations are, and it gives me some pride in my state.
- I didn't like how Nikki was using Cole the whole time, but at the end, I just didn't know what to think.
- There are some disturbing/creepy things in this book.
- I have some major mixed and screwed up feelings about Cole. I don't hate him, but I don't love him. There were times in this book that I really felt for him, and then I just wanted to punch in the face! GAH!
- Nikki and her emotional roller coaster are very believable. I had so much empathy for her and what she was going through.
- I figured a love triangle would develop in this series, but this is such a different take on a love triangles that I just don't know what to think.
- I loved the journey through Everneath. I liked the different stages and the maze aspect. I liked how the different phases tied to a different emotion. It was pretty clever.
- Nikki's memories of Jack were so vivid and detailed. I don't know if I could conjure such detailed stories about my husband. I feel like I need to try and remember things about our life together!
- The ending is another killer one! I just can't even describe the horrible cliffhanger I'm left to face while I wait for the next book. I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!
Previous Book in the Everneath series
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)