Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Books I Read Before I was a Blogger

Since I've only been blogging for a year, this should be easy. I've always been a bookaholic. The challenge will be to stop at 10.

-    Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling:  I discovered these in Jr. High, and since I kinda grew up with these, they have become a lifetime favorite.

-    The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander:  These books helped start my love of reading. Lloyd Alexander will forever be one of my favorite authors. His stories will stay with me forever! I use to have a tradition of reading this series once a year. I should start that again.

-    Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery:  Another childhood favorite! Gilbert was my first literature Heartthrob! *sigh*

-    The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien:  I grew up with this book, and I will always have a special place in my heart for Bilbo. My brother read this to me when I was about 6, and I read it for myself when I was 10.

-    The Study series by Maria V. Snyder:  These are AWESOME! 

-    The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist:  Feist is another favorite author! I will read anything he writes! His characters are some of my favorite! 

-    A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket:  Yes, I read these. I enjoyed them, but I still want answers to my questions!!

-    Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede:  This inflamed my love for dragon books.

-    The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis:  Honestly, who hasn't read these?

-    All of Jessica Day George's books:  I love her books!

9 comments:

  1. Ooo what a great list! The only one I read were the Harry Potter series :)

    new follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this list. All the ones I've read are on my favorite list, with the exception of the one Jessica Day George book I read, but I definitely need to give her a second chance!

    Confession: I never finished The Chronicles of Narnia. I have The Silver Chair and The Last Battle to go. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give her another try! She has some great stuff.

      Delete
  3. I hear a lot of people talk about The Study series but I've never read them! Guess I should try. NEW FOLLOWER

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely forgot about Anne of Green Gables! Such an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some on here that I totally forgot like Chronicles of Narnia for one! Thanks for stopping by!
    Deidra @ Simply Books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,other than Harry Potter I haven't read any of these. I swear I read a TON growing up, now I'm questioning what exactly I was reading. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could've put almost every book you've read, lol! Okay, not really because you read so much and it's been a year! Yay!

    ReplyDelete