Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The X-Men: Volume 2

Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men - Volume 2Goodreads Description:  Celebrate Marvel's 70th anniversary by experiencing the tales of the world's most-famous super heroes from the very beginning! The Marvel Masterworks have brought readers deluxe hardcover collections of Marvel's classics from the Golden Age, Atlas Era, and the mighty Marvel Age, and now you can join in the Masterworks excitement with Marvel's new, monthly Marvel Masterworks trade paperbacks. Born with extraordinary talents and abilities, five teenage mutants gathered together under Professor Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them. Ever expanding their ranks, these Children of the Atom combat the evils threatening both humans and mutants. They are the strangest super heroes of all - the X-Men! In this second volume, witness some of the earliest appearances of Juggernaut, Magneto, Mimic, and the Sentinels! Collects X-Men #11-21.

My Thoughts:

-    These comics just keep getting better! The geeky side of me is just ecstatic while reading these!

-    I like that Juggernaut is introduced in this volume! He is one of my favorite baddies!

-    I loved that there is some of Professor X's history in these issues. We learn about his family, and how he loses the use of his legs.

-    I don't understand why Johnny Storm was really needed, but it was fun to see him in an X-Men comic.

-    There is still that old 60's humor. It is cheesy, but I still find it funny.

-    I loved that I got to see some of Beast's past. I hope the series continues to show the history of different characters.

-    Magneto's face looks really crazed and different in later issues.

-    Cyclops is such a self righteous baby! He can get annoying!

-    Jean should go after Angel. He is much more swoon worthy.

-    The art is getting better, and the characters are getting more definition.

-    Unus and Magneto's suits are too similar. I don't like it. I wish Unus had his own look.

-    Stan Lee is such a goober! His little notes on some of the frames crack me up.

Previous X-Men Volume
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you read the comics. I need to read them. I've only read one comic book in my life, the Superman wedding edition.

    Can you check comic books out from the library? Or, do you have to buy them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get some comic books at the library, but they don't have very many or whole series.

      Delete