Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books That Make You Think
- Animal Farm by George Orwell: This book has so many things to ponder about. Just to name a few: politics, social orders, mob psychology, oppression, etc. This book is amazing to read, but it kinda of scares me as well. It also makes me feel so sad.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I still ponder back to this book here and there. There is just so much emotion and topics of humanity! There are parts of the book that I just wonder "what if".
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo: I'm reading this right now, and there is a lot to stomach and think about! The topic that really hits me is redemption. There is a lot to think about there.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry: The society and everything Jonas has to go through just baffles me. I often ask why? and how? during this story. Whenever I read this, I always stop and ponder about stuff afterwards.
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: I read this a year ago, and my friends and I still talk about it! I learned so much from this book, and it makes me really appreciate my country and family.
- Aesop's Fables: These are fun little stories about life, human reasoning, and other life lessons. I had to really stop and think about a lot these fables and how they apply to us in how we behave.
- The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams: This made me really think about what is going on in parts of our country and with certain religions. It made me want to hug my daughter and protect her.
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: This made me really think about what I have, and it made me grateful for all I have. It also made me think about my food storage and what I would do in a crisis.
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: There are so many lessons to learn from these books. Things like giving into despair, enduring, friendship, compassion, courage, and more! I love just thinking about each character and what they have to offer, what sacrifices they made, and what they learned. These are awesome and thought provoking.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: There is so much to ponder in this little story. I love the ending! It makes me want to live my life to fullest!