Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Books That Make You Think

-    Animal Farm by George Orwell:  This book has so many things to ponder about. Just to name a few: politics, social orders, mob psychology, oppression, etc. This book is amazing to read, but it kinda of scares me as well. It also makes me feel so sad.

-    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak:  I still ponder back to this book here and there. There is just so much emotion and topics of humanity! There are parts of the book that I just wonder "what if".

-    Les Miserables by Victor Hugo:  I'm reading this right now, and there is a lot to stomach and think about! The topic that really hits me is redemption. There is a lot to think about there.

-    The Giver by Lois Lowry:  The society and everything Jonas has to go through just baffles me. I often ask why? and how? during this story. Whenever I read this, I always stop and ponder about stuff afterwards.

-    Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys:  I read this a year ago, and my friends and I still talk about it! I learned so much from this book, and it makes me really appreciate my country and family.

-    Aesop's Fables:  These are fun little stories about life, human reasoning, and other life lessons. I had to really stop and think about a lot these fables and how they apply to us in how we behave.

-    The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams:  This made me really think about what is going on in parts of our country and with certain religions. It made me want to hug my daughter and protect her. 

-    Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer:  This made me really think about what I have, and it made me grateful for all I have. It also made me think about my food storage and what I would do in a crisis. 

-    Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien:  There are so many lessons to learn from these books. Things like giving into despair, enduring, friendship, compassion, courage, and more! I love just thinking about each character and what they have to offer, what sacrifices they made, and what they learned. These are awesome and thought provoking.

-    A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens:  There is so much to ponder in this little story. I love the ending! It makes me want to live my life to fullest!

4 comments:

  1. I love books I can't stop thinking about. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I love books that make you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always love books that make me thing about heavy things, but several of these titles are my favorites. The Susan Beth Pfeffer series, especially, made me think (like you) about how I would handle an emergency and if I have enough food storage to keep my family alive for more than a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one on your list that I've read is Lord of the Rings. I agree, it's a book that stays with you. I do have The Book Thief on my shelf, I need to get to it...

    ReplyDelete