Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Uneasy Fortunes

Goodreads Synopsis:    Battered by his past, Pete knows he has no business falling for anyone. But when time can’t heal a wound, love steps in to make it right. Based on a true story of the post–Civil War South, this gentle rustic romance will pull you in from the first page and leave you with a renewed hope in the power of real love.












My Thoughts:

-    This was surprisingly good. It wasn't at all what I expected, and I enjoyed it.

-    I love the whole theme of overcoming trials and fear. What June went through was horrific, and I'm sure a lot of women would react the same way she did.

-    I loved June's character. She was strong and courageous but full of fear and doubt. I loved her journey through overcoming her terrible experience. 

-    I also loved the theme of family and how important it is. I want to be part of this family and live a humble and hardworking life.

-    This kinda had a Little House on the Prairie feel.

-    Pete is my new literature heartthrob! He is that strong silent type, that rugged manly man type, and that knight in shining armor that every girl dreams about!

-    The tension between June and Pete towards the end is maddening! This is why I don't read romance books. I hate the miscommunication confusion!

-    I probably wouldn't have given this book a second glance, but since I know the author, I wanted to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did.

-    This wasn't the perfect book, but it was pretty good. It has a great message, and it is pretty entertaining. There were parts where I couldn't put it down, and it left me feeling pretty good about life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment