Monday, May 5, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's

251688My Synopsis:

-    A man living in a brownstone in New York writes about a peculiar girl who lives in his building.

-    I don't think this book needs more explanation. You should already know what it is about.













My Thoughts:

-    I LOVE the movie, and I knew I needed to read the book, but for some reason, I haven't picked it up until now. 

-    Honestly, I love the movie more. While the book has it's charm, it isn't the same as seeing Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard. 

-    I love that a lot of the dialogue in the book made it into the movie, practically word for word.

-    The ending to the movie is way more satisfying than the book ending.

-    For some reason there is something about Holly Golightly that resonates with me, and many people apparently. She is so lost and confused. She doesn't know what she wants, and in small ways, I feel like I can relate to her. I also feel sorry for her. I don't know what really draws people to her character, but she is fun. 

-    I thought it was strange that we never get to find out what the narrator's name is. I don't think Holly even knows his name. She just calls him Fred. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally don't get this movie. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about reading this book a few times and haven't picked it up myself... maybe someday???

    ReplyDelete