Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

97783Goodreads Says:    The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE, the latest in chemical warfare in science; and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes computer class. So in truth, Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but its really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is a second generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophomore year she's already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti.) But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her? Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, shes beginning her most dangerous mission; she's falling in love.

My Thoughts:

-    This is not the type of book I usually read, but it was a really fun and cute book. I'll have to add it to my guilty pleasure list. 

-    I loved Cammie's way of describing things sometimes. She is hilarious. I usually don't like over dramatic stuff, but the way Cammie dramatizes things is funny. 

-    Bex, Liz, and even Macey were all awesome! The close friendship these girls have is something any girl would want. 

-    I loved how the author captured the silliness and drama of being a teenage girl while still making them really smart and spies in training. 

-    I feel like the school system runs a lot like Hogwarts. I noticed some similarities anyway.

-    Josh was a really nice guy, but I really like that in the end, Cammie chose duty over cute boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment