Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Ugly Truth

8610429Goodreads Says:    Greg Heffley has always been in a hurry to grow up. But is getting older really all it’s cracked up to be?

Greg suddenly finds himself dealing with the pressures of boy-girl parties, increased responsibilities, and even the awkward changes that come with getting older—all without his best friend, Rowley, at his side. Can Greg make it through on his own? Or will he have to face the “ugly truth”?











My Thoughts:

-    I remember seeing students doing the egg thing in Junior High and High School. We also had one teacher who gave out a bag of flour wrapped in duck tape. Apparently babies weigh as much as a bag of flour. 

-    Isabella is the worst maid ever! Why would you clean your house right before the maid comes? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Why even need a maid? The notes were funny though. Greg met his match.

-    Thank goodness my school never did a lock in. That sounds awful! 

-    The elbow thing cracked me up! It was my favorite thing in the book!! ha ha!

-    I still love the illustrations and Greg's shenanigans. This is one of my favorites in the series. 

-    I love the way Greg describes things. The author really captured the life and attitude of a boy. 

Previous Wimpy Kid Books
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

389627  

No comments:

Post a Comment