Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hard Luck

17733898From Goodreads:    Greg Heffley and his family and friends are back in Diary of a Wimpy KidBook 8, the latest installment in the #1 bestselling series by Jeff Kinney and one of the most anticipated books of 2013. A global phenomenon, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series has more than 85 million books in print around the world.

Greg Heffley's on a losing streak. His best friend, Rowley Jefferson, has ditched him, and finding new friends in middle school is proving to be a tough task. To change his fortunes, Greg decides to take a leap of faith and turn his decisions over to chance. Will a roll of the dice turn things around, or is Greg's life destined to be just another hard-luck story?




My Thoughts:

-    I used to hate it when my mom would tell me that friends come and go but family lasts forever! Bleh! Now that I'm older, I can kinda see what she means, but friends come and go, and I can just make new friends when the old ones go. 

-    Fregley freaks me out.

-    Dating in middle school is awkward and lame. I figured Rowley would hook up with someone sooner or later though.

-    The magic eight ball stuff cracked me up! I love that Greg used it for everything. It reminded me the Simpsons episode when Bart and Millhouse had a magic eight ball. I think their friendship was torn because Millhouse got a girlfriend in that same episode too!

-    I like how many holidays were featured in this series. The family drama during holidays is awful, and I sympathize with Greg.

-    Greg's mom is smarter than I thought. Her closet is brilliant! 

-    The body blanket thing was awesome! 

-    I had fun with these books, but I'm glad they ended. You can have too much of a good thing. 


Previous Wimpy Kid Books
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

389627  
  11254250
13563669

No comments:

Post a Comment