Thursday, August 7, 2014

Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood

18405492Goodreads Says:    World War I set the tone for the 20th century and introduced a new type of warfare: global, mechanical, and brutal. Nathan Hale has gathered some of the most fascinating true-life tales from the war and given them his inimitable Hazardous Tales twist. Easy to understand, funny, informative, and lively, this series is the best way to be introduced to some of the most well-known battles (and little-known secrets) of the infamous war.








My Thoughts:

-    The hangman is still my favorite. He is so funny! He reminds me of my friend Tyson.

-    Portraying the countries as different animals is hilarious yet helpful. It was easier to tell who was who. 

-    There was a lot going on, and some of it was hard to follow. 

-    I agree with the research babies, no more whole wars. I would have rather read about a piece of World War I than trying to cram the whole thing in a short graphic novel. 

-    I didn't realize how many men died and how much the war changed the world. Crazy!

-    I wish history was this fun to read all the time. 

-    Not my favorite hazardous tale, but this was a good one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment