Thursday, August 28, 2014

House of Ivy and Sorrow

15728807Goodreads Synopsis:    Josephine Hemlock has spent the last 10 years hiding from the Curse that killed her mother. But when a mysterious man arrives at her ivy-covered, magic-fortified home, it’s clear her mother’s killer has finally come to destroy the rest of the Hemlock bloodline. Before Jo can even think about fighting back, she must figure out who she’s fighting in the first place. The more truth Jo uncovers, the deeper she falls into witchcraft darker than she ever imagined. Trapped and running out of time, she begins to wonder if the very Curse that killed her mother is the only way to save everyone she loves.






My Thoughts:

-    I really liked how the magic worked. It would be so hard to give something in return for a spell. I cringed at some of the things Jo sacrificed. 

-    This book made me feel like I need to keep a better journal.

-    Jo was a nice character, but I didn't really connect with her. I didn't really connect with any of the characters. They were likable enough; I just didn't feel any emotion towards them.

-    I wish there had been more about Winn and his family's story. Winn's family could probably get their own book. 

-    This was a fun book, but I don't know what else to say about it. It was good. I liked it. 



1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when you liked a book but you really can't think of anything to say about it! I enjoyed this one too, but I can't remember a whole lot either.

    ReplyDelete