- This was a good adaptation of the book, but the book, as usual, was so much better! The book was even more moving and even more powerful.
- I wish the movie had gone into Louis's life after the war. His struggle with PTSD and overcoming it was amazing!
- This story is SO powerful, and I think the movie did a good job of portraying that.
- The cast was perfect! Wow! Louis, the bird, and everyone else were great!
- The movie moved really fast, and I know they couldn't cram everything in, but I felt like it moved really fast. It was still good.
- I felt like they toned a lot of things down, which I was grateful for. I think it is harder to watch certain things than it is to read it. I'm really glad they toned it down, and it still portrayed how brutal captivity was.
- Great movie! I'm glad I got to see it.