Friday, July 10, 2015

The Red Notebook

23129712Goodreads Synopsis:    Heroic bookseller Laurent Letellier comes across an abandoned handbag on a Parisian street. There's nothing in the bag to indicate who it belongs to, although there's all sorts of other things in it. Laurent feels a strong impulse to find the owner and tries to puzzle together who she might be from the contents of the bag. Especially a red notebook with her jottings, which really makes him want to meet her. Without even a name to go on, and only a few of her possessions to help him, how is he to find one woman in a city of millions?

The Red Notebook has already been sold in twelve different languages. French TV is making a film of The President's Hat and the movie rights ofThe Red Notebook have been sold to UGC.



My Thoughts:

-    I was so excited to read this translated book!

-    The story reminds me of Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo.

-    What kind of man is curious enough to meticulously go through a lady's handbag? Despite that, Laurent was an interesting guy. I really liked him. 

-    I love all the French culture and words used. I want to visit France!

-    This book made me want to brush up on my French and learn it better.

-    This was a fun, light, and quick read.

-    Reading this made me a feel a little more connected with people around the world. Even though we live on different continents, we are still enjoying the same stories with the same characters. 

-    I write a little bit more about my thoughts on the book in a previous post about translated books

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very similar to the movie Amélie. Must mean it's interesting :) - Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds cute. I should borrow it from Suey and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you ended up liking it, even after you finished it. :D

    ReplyDelete